Are you interested in to move from alpine park to make your own lines to the untouched snow after you have first brake the trail up to the mountain? And at the same time enjoy the magnificent nature around you, where mountains are rising straight from the arctic sea. During this course we go through things you need to know to start this fine sport and to do your own, easy and safe ski tours. You do not need earlier ski touring experience. It is enough that you ski parallel turns with confident on alpine park’s red slopes, have adventures mind and a good level of fitness.
Course is hold in Tromsø, Norway. Area is very popular among ski touring people and there are several nice and easy mountains to start this magnificent sport. During the course we do 2 tours to different locations.
During the course we go through:
- Equipment and how to use them (skis and avalanche safety equipment)
- How to select the destination
- Route planning and skinning techniques up
- How to use a map and a compass
- Avalanche safety
- Emergency procedures
- Weather in Norway and fells
Where: On Tromsø area
When: 5-7.2.2021 or as agreed for private groups. On Friday evening 5.2 there is theoretical part 16.30-20.00
Number of participants: 4-6 persons
Language: English. For private groups also possible in Finnish.
Required experience: You ski parallel turns with confident on alpine park’s red slopes, have adventures mind and a good level of fitness.
- Ski Touring skis, telemark skis or splitboard, skins and poles. If needed, you can rent these from Tromso Outdoor
- Avalanche safety equipment (shovel, probe, transceiver). If needed, you can rent these from Tromso Outdoor
- Helmet and goggles (sunglasses)
- Backpack (around 25-35l, where you can fit your avalanche safety equipment, first aid kit, extra clothes, skins, food and drink for the whole day)
- Wind- and waterproof clothes
- Warm extra clothes (for example a down jacket)
- First aid kit
Price: 2500 nok/person. Price includes guiding and special equipment used during the course.
For private groups: 1-2 person: 7000 nok/course, 3 person: 9000 nok/course, 4-6 person: 2500nok/person
Price does not include: Insurance or transportation to the ski tour destinations. If you do not have a car in use, please contact for other transportation solution
Karu Arctic’s Course- and Payment Terms are valid on this tour. Please read them through before you book your hike. With your booking you verify that you accept the terms and conditions.
Information and booking: info (at) karuarctic.com