Experience the magical arctic, where mountains are rising straight from the sea and coastal climate dumps a lot of new powder. I offer customized ski tour guiding, new beginner and avalanche courses in Tromsø area. All the tours are customized to your ski level, fitness and desires with snow safety taken into account. When planning the destination, quality of snow and snow safety are the things we concentrate.
Where: On Tromsø area
When: Jan. 15st – May 15th
Number of participants: 1-6 persons
Language: English, Finnish, Norwegian
Required experience: Earlier alpine skiing experience, you ski parallel turns with confident on alpine park’s red slopes. Tours can be customized according to earlier experience. On a Tromsø area, there are several good mountains for the first-time top tour skiers.
- Ski touring skis, telemark skis or splitboard. If needed, you can rent these from Tromso Outdoor
- Avalanche safety equipment (shovel, probe, transceiver). If needed, you can rent these from Tromso Outdoor
- Helmet and goggles (sunglasses)
- Headlamp (early season)
- Backpack (around 30-40l, where you can fit your avalanche safety equipment, extra clothes, skins, food and drink for the whole day)
- Wind- and waterproof clothes
- Warm extra clothes (for example a down jacket)
- Food and something to drink for the whole day
- Sun lotion (with strong spf!) from March onward
Price: 1-2 person: 3500 nok/day, 3 person: 4000 nok/day, 4-6 person: 1000 nok/person
Price includes Guiding and special equipment used during the tour
Price does not include: Insurance and transportation to the destinations. If you do not have a car in use, please contact for other transportation solution.
Karu Arctic’s Course- and Payment Terms are valid on this tour. Please read them through before you book your hike. With your booking you verify that you accept the terms and conditions.
Information and booking: info (at) karuarctic.com