By request for private groups.
Are you dreaming of doing own hiking tour on a back country, sleeping in a tent, preparing your food on an outdoor stove and carrying everything you need with you, but are missing the skills? Then this course is definitely for you!
During the two nights/three days you will learn how to plan and execute your own hiking tour. On the course we go through:
- What kind of equipment and skills you need
- How to pack your backpack
- Basics of orienteering (using a map and compass and gps)
- How to select the destination
- Where and how to pitch up a tent
- What kind of food to take with you and how to prepare it on the outdoor stove
- What do you need to know about the weather here in Norway
- Safety aspect, what is good to have inside your first aid kid and how do you execute a safe tour
- Everyman’s right in Norway
- Information about hiking on Norden (Norway, Sweden and Finland)
Where: On Tromsø area. You can reach the course place by public transportation
When: By request for private groups
Guide: Jenni Antinaho, professional wilderness guide, who has made several longer and shorter hikes around wilderness in the North during the last decade. She has got the arctic bite already from childhood, when doing hiking trips with her parents. Motto: Home is where I pitch the tent in the evening. During the last years the place of the home has changed often, she has slept in the tent way more than hundred nights during the year.
Number of participants: 1-10
Language: English, Finnish, Norwegian
Accommodation: Own tent. If you want, you can borrow a tent from KaruArctic
Required experience: Earlier experience is not needed. Physically you should be fit enough to hike up to 10 km per day while carrying all your gear in the backpack
Own equipment: Suitable shoes and clothes for being outdoors the whole time including waterproof jacket and pants (After signing into the course, you will get more detailed list). A backpack around 60+ liter to carry all your equipment. Sleeping mat and sleeping back (These you can rent out from Tromso Outdoor if needed), headlamp (early/late season). Food for the whole course time. Hiking poles. A map and a compass if you have your own.
Price: 1-4 person: 10.000 nok/group
5-10 person: 2500 nok/person
Price includes tent and outdoor stove/gass
Karu Arctic’s Course- and Payment Terms are valid on this tour. Please read them through before you book your hike. With your booking you verify that you accept the terms and conditions.
Information and booking: info (at) karuarctic.com