As agreed for private groups
This 2,5 days course is for you, who want to make your own, easy and safe ski tours to mountains. You do not need earlier ski touring experience. It is enough that you ski parallel turns with confident on alpine park’s red slopes, have adventures mind and a moderate level of fitness. Here in Tromsø you will experience the magical arctic, where mountains are rising straight from the sea and coastal climate dumps a lot of new powder.
Course is hold in Tromsø, Norway. Area is very popular among ski touring people and there are several nice and easy mountains to start this magnificent sport. During the course we do 2 tours to different locations.
During the course we go through:
- Equipment and how to use them (skis and avalanche safety equipment)
- How to select the destination
- Route planning and techniques to go up and down
- How to use a map and a compass
- Avalanche safety
- Basic avalanche rescue technique
- Emergency procedures
- Weather in Norway and fells
Where: On Tromsø area
When: As agreed for private groups.
Number of participants: 1-6 persons
Language: English, Finnish and Norwegian
Instructor: Local, Certified Avalanche Instructor
Required experience: You ski parallel turns with confident on alpine park’s red slopes, have adventures mind and a moderate level of fitness.
- Ski Touring skis, telemark skis or splitboard, skins and poles. If needed, you can rent these from Tromso Outdoor
- Avalanche safety equipment (shovel, probe, transceiver). If needed, you can rent these from Tromso Outdoor
- Helmet and goggles (sunglasses)
- Backpack (around 30-40l, where you can fit your avalanche safety equipment, first aid kit, extra clothes, skins, food and drink for the whole day)
- Wind- and waterproof clothes
- Warm extra clothes (for example a down jacket)
- First aid kit
- Food and drink for the whole day
- Sun lotion (with strong spf!) from March onward
Price: 1-3 person: 11 300 nok/course, 4-6 person: 2950 nok/person
Price does not include: Insurance or transportation to the ski tour destinations. If you do not have a car in use, please contact for other transportation solution
Karu Arctic’s Course- and Payment Terms are valid on this tour. Please read them through before you book your hike. With your booking you verify that you accept the terms and conditions.
Information and booking: info (at) karuarctic.com