This one day course is for you, who wants to try out ski touring. Here in Tromso you will experience the magical arctic, where mountains are rising straight from the sea and coastal climate dumps a lot of new powder.
During the day we go through equipment needed for ski touring: Skis or split board and snow safety equipment. After that we do an easy tour to some of the mountains around Tromso and you will learn techniques to go up and ski down.
Where: On Tromsø area
When: Dec. 15th – May 15th. Season start varies from year to year.
Number of participants: 1-6 persons
Language: English, Finnish, Norwegian
Instructor: Local, Certified Avalanche Instructor
Required experience: Earlier alpine skiing experience, you ski parallel turns with confident on alpine park’s red slopes. Course can be customized according to earlier experience. On a Tromsø area, there are several good mountains for the first-time top tour skiers.
- Ski touring skis, telemark skis or splitboard. If needed, you can rent these from Tromso Outdoor
- Avalanche safety equipment (shovel, probe, transceiver). If needed, you can rent these from Tromso Outdoor
- Helmet and goggles (sunglasses)
- Headlamp (early season)
- Backpack (around 30-40l, where you can fit your avalanche safety equipment, extra clothes, skins, food and drink for the whole day)
- Wind- and waterproof clothes
- Warm extra clothes (for example a down jacket)
- Food and drink for the whole day
- Sun lotion (with strong spf!) from March onward
Price: 1-2 person: 3800 nok/day, 3 person: 4100 nok/day, 4-6 person: 1100 nok/person/day
Price includes Guiding and special equipment used during the tour
Price does not include: Insurance and transportation to the destinations. If you do not have a car in use, please contact for other transportation solution.
Karu Arctic’s Course- and Payment Terms are valid on this course. Please read them through before you book your hike. With your booking you verify that you accept the terms and conditions.
Information and booking: info (at) karuarctic.com